A Challenge Awaits. Embrace it swiftly for it will not linger long.
Weekly events are Quick Play missions that feature random modifiers every week.
From time to time the game has special events which change the look of Taal's Horn Keep.
Skulls for the Skull Throne
This was the first ever event in Vermintide 2 in patch 188.8.131.52
The 2018 event had a quest to get the "Champion of Khorne" frame by completing 10 quick play games.
The 2019 event had the Weekly Event featuring the Modifiers Mark of Khorne and Send in the next wave! It also gave four quests:
- Triumphant Soul: Complete the Weekly Event - Rewards The Gaze of Khorn Portrait Frame (2020 The Last War of Bastonne the Bold)
- Trial of Slaughter: Collect 8 pieces of Ravaged Art - Rewards Ravaged Art: (investigating) (2020 Bloodcrusher)
- Blood God's Champion: Slay Bödvarr Ribspreader - Rewards Ravaged Art: Skulltaker, Blood God's Champion (2020 Onslaught from Beyond)
- Skulltaker: Complete 8 Quickplay Missions - Rewards Ravaged Art: (investigating) (2020 The Alabaster Line)
The event was presented on patch 1.1.1
The event had a quest to get the "Rhya's Blessed" frame by completing 10 quick play games.
This event was presented on patch 1.4.1
It hasn't introduced any changes to the keep's visual appearance, but included two seasonal quests rewarded with seasonal portrait frames:
- "A Season for Slaughter", where players have to complete 5 quick play games on Legend Difficulty to acquire a "Wolf of Winter" frame.
- NOTE: Patch notes have stated custom games are valid for this quest as well
- "Let Fire Guide Thee", where player needs to find and light 4 bonfires on four different maps (one bonfire on each map) to acquire the "Festively Frozen" animated frame.
This event was presented for the Vermintide 2 one and two year anniversary along with the Vermintide: End Times five year anniversary. It takes place on a Helmgart map that mixes some elements of previous levels. Bottles of ale are disseminated in the second half of the level, and players have to drink them so as to not fall in an Hungover state, where they cannot use their special ability. Drinking three bottles in a row grants a greatly accelerated cooldown on your special ability, but drinking more will immediately put you out of combat.
The quests it brought were :
- Finish the level to get a frame.
- The Flooded Crown: Find 9 pieces of Art in the level to get a painting.
- No Bottle Left Unemptied: Drink all of the bottles in the level to get another frame.
This event reigns during Halloween and adds pumpkins and more candles to the Keep to add to the season's atmosphere. Not only this, but during the event most of the outdoors missions are set in night mode, where the only lights are cast by Mannslieb and Morrslieb in the sky. The event has a themed Weekly Event, two event quests and the frame "Fangtastic Fortitude" has been brought back.
The portrait frame "Fangtastic Fortitude" can be obtained by playing a game with a person who also has the portrait. The other one, "Deathwalker", is obtainable from an event mission.
The halloween quests are:
- The Most Horrible Time of the Year: Complete the Weekly Event - Rewards Ravaged Art: The Butcher of Blood Bay
- By the Light of the Twin Moons: Complete 10 Quick Play Missions - Rewards Deathwalker Portrait Frame
From 28 October to 7 November, the following event quests are active:
- Travelled far Before the Dawn: Disrupt all Geheimnisnacht ritual sites - Rewards Ravaged Art: The Bale Moon Rises.
- Ritual Rampage - Old Haunts: Disrupt the ritual on Old Haunts - Rewards Myrmidia's Glaive of the Dawn illusion.
- Ritual Rampage - Screaming Bell: Disrupt the ritual on Screaming Bell - Rewards Myrmidia's Axe of the Dawn illusion.
- Ritual Rampage - Enchanter's Lair: Disrupt the ritual on Enchanter's Lair - Rewards Myrmidia's Flail of the Dawn illusion.
- A Bad Night Out: Play 5 games during Geheimnisnacht - Rewards Into the Dreadful Night Portrait Frame.
- Ritual Rampage - Empire in Flames: Disrupt the ritual on Empire in Flames - Rewards Myrmidia's Dagger of the Dawn illusion.
- Ritual Rampage - Righteous Stand: Disrupt the ritual on Righteous Stand - Rewards Myrmidia's Sword of the Dawn illusion.
- Cultist Culler: Kill 250 empowered enemies - Rewards Ravaged Art: Epidemius, Proctor of Pestilence.
- Five go Hunting at Night: Complete all Geheimnisnacht quests - Rewards Not Tonight, Blosphoros Portrait Frame.
- Skull Stealer: Complete 5 levels while carrying the Skull of Blosphoros - Rewards a Chest of Shillings.
Year of the Rat 2020
This event was presented on patch 184.108.40.206
The accompanying Weekly Event featured the Modifiers Send in the next wave! and More Specials and had the following three event quests: