Heat is generated by using Bright Wizard staves and Dwarf drakefire Weapons. Usually the primary attack would generate a small amount of heat, while the the charged attack will generate considerably more heat. Also, each weapon generates a different amount of heat.
The player can actively vent their weapon by pressing the reload button (R by default). By venting, the weapon will lose heat faster, but doing so will also deal damage to the character every second of venting. The damage scales with how much Overcharge you have, from 3.5 health with the overcharge-bar slightly in orange, to 5.25 if it's almost full. Weapons also passively vent over time.
Each time the player generates heat, the overcharge bar will fill. The bar has three sections. Venting while in the first section won't damage the character, the other 2 sections will. If the whole bar is filled the character will explode after a few seconds and get downed.
Weapons that Produce Overcharge
- Tranquility(Battle Wizard passive) - Avoiding damage and not casting spells for 6 seconds automatically ventilates Overcharge. Overcharge increases spell charge speed.
- Critical Mass(Pyromancer passive) - Increased critical strike chance based on Overcharge level.
- Blood Magic(Unchained passive) - 50% damage taken transferred to Overcharge. Slave to Aqshy - No Overcharge slowdown. Unstable Strength - Increased melee power on high Overcharge. Blazing Sinews - Reduced block cost on high Overcharge - Consumes Overcharge.
- Living Bomb(Unchained active) - Sienna explodes, dealing damage to surrounding enemies and clearing her Overcharge.
- Unusually Calm(Battle Wizard) - Tranquility's cooldown is reduced to 3 seconds (base cooldown is 6 seconds).
- Rechannel(Battle Wizard) - When Tranquility is active, Sienna's ranged charge time is reduced by 40.0%
- Centered(Battle Wizard) - Increases the overcharge venting effect of Tranquility by 100%.
- Deathly Dissipation(Pyromancer) - Killing a special stops your spells from generating overcharge for 10 seconds.
- On the Precipice(Pyromancer) - Increases ranged power by 15.0% when at or above critical overcharge.
- One with the Flame(Pyromancer) - Critical Mass also increases attack speed by 2% per 6 overcharge and stacks up to 5 times.
- Exhaust(Pyromancer) - The Burning Head also removes all overcharge.
- Dissipate(Unchained) - Block cost is reduced by 50.0% when Overcharged and blocking attacks vent Overcharge.
- Conduit(Unchained) - Increases rate of venting overcharge by 30.0% and reduced damage taken from venting by 50.0%.
- Natural Talent(Unchained) - Reduces overcharge generated by 10.0%.
- Irondrake (Ironbreaker) - Reduces the overheat generated by Drakefire weapons by 30%.